Jesus answered: ‘Will you lay down your life for me?’ - John 13:38

Support the Holy Father and pray with him!

"Young people in particular, I appeal to you: bear witness to your faith through the digital world!"

-Pope Benedict XVI

Pray for Pope Benedict's prayer intentions for this month. Find out more here.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Malate Church, Manila

Hi everyone. This is my first post, and even then, I don't really have anything much to say. So I'm posting some pictures from my recent vacation in Manila. One Sunday, my family and I went to Malate Church, one of the oldest in Manila. It was built in 1558 by the Augustinians, and, according to a Google search, "destroyed in 1773, rebuilt, badly damaged in World War II, and later restored again." The church is dedicated to Nuestra Senora de Remedios and her statue, brought from Spain in 1624, is at the altar.

After the mass, we went to watch the sunset at Manila Bay, which is just across the street. We stopped at the small park for a while and watched a procession pass by.




No comments: