Jesus answered: ‘Will you lay down your life for me?’ - John 13:38

Support the Holy Father and pray with him!

"Young people in particular, I appeal to you: bear witness to your faith through the digital world!"

-Pope Benedict XVI

Pray for Pope Benedict's prayer intentions for this month. Find out more here.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

O God, thy sea is so great, and my boat is so small

The above was a plaque that US President John F Kennedy had on his desk in the White House.

Here's the entire poem, by an unknown author:

Thy sea, O God, so great,
My boat so small,
It cannot be that any happy fate,
Will me befall,
Save as Thy goodness opens paths for me,
Through the consuming vastness of the sea.

Thy winds, O God, so strong,
So slight my sail.
How could I cub and bit them on the long
and salty trail,
Unless Thy love were mightier than the wrath
Of all the tempests that beset my path?

Thy world, O God, so fierce,
And I so frail.
Yet, though its arrows threaten oft to pierce
My fragile mail,
Cities of refuge rise where dangers cease,
Sweet silences abound, and all is peace.



The image “http://www.theartwolf.com/imagenestAW/stolen_rembrandt_storm_sea_galilee.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
"Storm at the Sea of Galilee"- Rembrandt


No comments: